Saturday, February 11, 2006

Is it wrong?

So yesterday at work, it was Island Friday. Basically, in the middle of the winter we have a Hawaiian themed party. So, me being the joiner that I am, I decided to go all out. I put on a grass skirt and coconut bra (over my clothes of course) and a Hawaiian shirt. I also brought along my very own cocktail glass and paper umbrellas. Odd thing is that I forgot I had a meeting that day about "Getting Back to Basics." This meeting consisted of Workplace Conduct which included dress code, professionalism, etc. So I'm sitting there in a grass skirt coconut bra holding a cocktail glass the whole time thinking in my head, "Oh gods, they are going to use me as an example of what NOT to wear." Luckily they used me as an example of team spirit instead. Sometimes, my work even amuses me.

No comments: