Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Boggy, Soggy, Squitchy Picture and Dialogue

Chapter 3 of Moby Dick is much more to my liking because the story shifts from an internal focus on Ishmael's thoughts to his external interactions. Instead of philosophical ramblings we get some exquisite descriptions of his surroundings (The Spouter-Inn) and conversation with other characters. I'm finally finding things interesting. And maybe once I get to know the character a bit I'll be more forgiving of flowery monologues.

Technorati Tag:

6 comments:

asdfasdfadfasd said...

You speak as if philosophical ramblings are a bad thing.

Degolar said...

As a general rule I consider them a good thing, but it does depend upon the particular rambling. The ones in the first two chapters of Moby Dick weren't doing it for me.

Degolar said...

As far as I can tell I'm adding the Technorati tag correctly, yet when I go there I don't see my posts. Anyone know what gives?

Erica said...

The chapters where Ishmael meets Queequegs are the funniest and problably most surprising after flowery loomings of the first chapter.

On the tag thing...It takes a day or two for the tags to pop up in Technorati...and even then, you won't always have your most recent post at the top of the list. Is it ok if I add your blog to the list of participating M-D bloggers? I think that how many people link to your blog affects its technorati display...

Degolar said...

Sure. Maybe "Degolar at The Cringing Goblin" or something.

Erica said...

done..thanks!