Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Welcome to Brownshirt America

From the Lawrence Journal World:

Douglas County sheriff’s deputies are investigating the reported beating of a Kansas University professor who’s gained recent notoriety for his Internet tirades against Christian fundamentalists and Catholics.
Religious studies professor Paul Mirecki said he was beaten early Monday morning on the side of the road in rural Douglas County by two unidentified men who’d been tailgating him in a large pickup truck. Mirecki said his attackers made references to the controversy that has propelled him into the headlines in recent weeks.

My extreme frustration at trying to get Blogger's fucking block quotes to work correctly and my lack of time has cut this post short. More later. I promise.

2 comments:

David Crowe said...

People tailgating other people in a big truck? Asskickings? All that's missing is Grey Poupon... Do you think there might be a connection?

asdfasdfadfasd said...

If college professors are being harassed for being anti-fundamentalist than I am going to be in some serious trouble (in 7 years albeit). I have also been to rural Douglas County many times. Not going back though. Last time I saw hillbillies tailgating someone in a truck Dennis Hopper got shot and I don't want a repeat occurrence.

Oh wait, I almost forgot: fuck.