Thursday, December 08, 2005

Late Night Randomness, or... Why am I Still Up?

Why the picture? Because I can, that's why. These are my quadrapeds. They are too cute for you! And before you ask, no, I'm not drunk. I'm just up late and screwing around on the computer, for no good reason. Unfortunately I'll probably have to go to work in the morning, despite the nearly foot of snow that is covering my neighborhood. This wouldn't be a problem except that I live a hell of a long way from work. Pardon me for a moment while I consult Google Earth and figure out just how far... ... ... ... Okay, I'm back, and the result is: 22 miles. About what I would have guessed. Not normally a big problem, but in weather like this....

Anyway, at this moment I'm considering the manifold ways in which the internet can be a colossal time waster. You know what I've been doing for the past hour? Downloading themes and extensions for Firefox (after upgrading to 1.5) and customizing my toolbars. (By the way the 1-click weather extension is muy cool.) Before that I was desperately trying to get a grasp on how to use Word Press (I'm no techie people-- I have a history degree), and looking for Word Press themes for my, as yet, content-less other site. Word Press is not quite as plug-and-play-dumbed-down-anybody-can-use-it as Blogger, and I have absolutely no grasp of CSS yet.

Also, and here is the randomness my title promised, I'm currently reflecting on the exquisite wonderfulness of Eddie Bauer fleece pants. I'm toasty, despite the 10 degree temperature here in 64152 (thank you 1-click weather). Less wonderful is that my toasty warm fleece pants are black. Now, scroll back up and check out the hair on those animal companions of mine and you can imagine what these pants look like. That's right, pet hair for every occasion. It doesn't matter what I wear, someone will shed a hair that will show up on it. Of course, the sacrifice is more than worth it.

Not that anyone cares, but there it is.

UPDATE: Here's an interesting trivia fact: the word "Blogger" does not appear in Blogger's default spell check dictionary. Odd that.

6 comments:

scott said...

All this time spent researching CSS, uploading pet pictures, and still, no response to d+d emails. Kudos. By the way, did you watch 'thin blue line' last night on bbc america? hilarious.

Hadrian said...

You bastard, you know I don't have cable. No BBC America for me! Lucky for me that I own the complete Thin Blue Line on DVD. Have there been recent D&D emails?

Degolar said...

No D&D emails, no response about gaming (after numerous threats, even), and no more about Brownshirt America. Did you go to work today?

Hadrian said...

Hey, I haven't gotten any D&D e-mails for weeks. And yeah, the Brownshirt America post did go by the wayside, but I think, 'nuff said really. And I simply haven't had time for the gaming response-- despite what you may think I actually am busy, and your voluminous arguments merit voluminous refutations.
And, of course I went to work-- didn't you?

Degolar said...

Just giving you a hard time; I know you're busy (although I no longer get the daily updates I'm used to). I went to work too, just asking because you made reference to not fighting the snow in a comment on Scott's blog. But I had it easy, two eight hour days to work on my voluminous reports while I listened to the speakers.

Anonymous said...

I feel that by stating that 12:42 isn't even remotely late is giving away my already non-existent annonyminity. Why are you still up? I have a feeling PC games have something to do with it. Why am I still up? Because it's only 12:42. You can't hate Chuck Norris Esteban, and Fox News until 2:00 at least, and that is imperative to my existence. By the way, the 1-click weather thing is yet another thing that will make your PC run slower.

One last thing, you make it sound like people with History Degree's are something other than godlike. It's a proven fact that people with history degrees are better than everyone else.

But for the sake of annoniminity, my first initial is E. Trust me. Also, annoniminity may not be an actual word.