Friday, December 09, 2005

Tropical Getaway

My dad is a coach--he also teaches, but his first identity is coach--so I was raised on sports. I'm not completely obsessed with athletics, but they're in my blood. Football is one of my favorite spectator events. I don't consider it worth the time/money to go see them play in person for the most part, but I try to see as many games on the telly as I can. So I rarely make it to Arrowhead. My dad and brother, on the other hand have recently started driving to Dallas (from the Wichita area) a couple of weekends per year to see the Cowboys in person. When they looked at the 2005 schedule last spring and saw the Chiefs were going to be playing in Dallas, they immediately invited me along. I put in a vacation request for today and Monday and made plans to join them. I'm looking forward to the game, of course, but also a weekend with "the guys." I'm getting ready to drive the first leg after I submit this. After beginning the week walking the streets of Chicago in record low temperatures and returning home to a foot of snow, I figure the 50-60 degree weather in Dallas will feel downright tropical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are seriously lucky. This is one of the greatest football seasons of the past 17 years. The KC Dallas game could be a turning point even.