Monday, November 07, 2005

Vote for me in '08!

I've decided to run for president next election.

Sure, I have absolutely no governing experience, no great understanding of law, and I'm not even old enough to qualify, but what difference does that make? I've never been outside this country, and have scarcely traveled within it, and I'm so terribly liberal that politialcompass.org ranks me farther left than the Dalai Lama, and more communistic, but if there are rabid conservatives out there it shouldn't make any difference.

I do realize that the president is technically incapable of anything but vetoing and sending out troops, but I'm perfectly capable of signing my name and avoiding the use of the military. Isn't that an improvement? I may not know much about a lot of things, but I realize that there are people who do, and I'd be able to ask them what's going on. I know where to find information, and, what's more, I actually have the capacity to process it. That puts me a few steps ahead of the current government. Most of all, if I mess up, I admit it and try to fix things, rather than continually insist that I was right in the face of all evidence to the contrary. That makes me better that what we've got by several orders of magnitude.

My campaign slogan: As unqualified as the rest of them, but honest about it.

3 comments:

Hadrian said...

I fall right in between the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela. Hmmm....

Degolar said...

Looks like I am pretty similar to Nelson Mandela.

Degolar said...

Economic Left/Right: -7.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

to be specific.