Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Joys of Customer Service, Part IV

I hate my job. To most people who know me this will come as no surprise. It is certainly not something that I keep to myself. In fact, bitching about my job is one of the few joys this dismal life affords me, especially since the job itself provides none whatsoever. But why you might ask, do I hate it so?

Pissy people.

Now, I know what you're thinking: "Pot, meet kettle". But bitching about something is entirely different than bitching at someone. And my friends, being bitched at for no good reason is my primary job description. I'm pleasant, I'm polite, and I get repayed for that effort with snide remarks, rudeness, and sometimes, outright hostility. This is why I hate my job. I would write more, but now I must get back to it-- wish me luck.

3 comments:

Kelly Sime said...

Eric,

You need to get out of the clerk world!

Hadrian said...

Don't I know it.

scott said...

clerking's by far the hardest job at the library.