Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My New Favorite Person

[A list given to me by a co-worker today. Names have been changed to protect the innocent, nothing else.]

TEN REASONS WHY THE STURGINATOR AND THE REST OF THE LIBRARY WILL MISS DEGOLAR

10. He's smarter than the average bear.......er......I mean librarian.

9. He's one of the few people that I can talk sports with and stuff.

8. The kids who visit the library will miss him.

7. He's part of the library Magnificent Seven Clan ([names excluded, but all male]) Motto: "All for one and seven for all."

6. Anytime there was a computer problem or a question that I had to ask, Degolar was always approachable and helpful.

5. His humor is unprecedented and extremely witty.

4. He's cooler than Steve McQueen, Humphrey Bogart, and James Dean combined (see reason #2).

3. He exhibits very positive energy and it can be seen in his personality.

2. He's got the substance of what legends are made of. That's why I say that he's cooler than McQueen, Bogart, and Dean.

1. Aw, Shucks. Dang it, we're all gonna miss him. The new library is like the New England Patriots of the system. They seem to get all of the talented and great personalities. Good luck to you, Degolar. May thy future endeavors be fruitful. Maybe I'll catch you when I'm at the new branch sometime.

[Actually makes me feel guilty for avoiding him so much.]

1 comment:

Kelly Sime said...

Hmmmm...I think I can guess. *smiles slyly*