Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm Here

As you may have guessed from the theological ramblings, Lummox's ditty has coaxed me back into contributing mode. I've been a bit preoccupied the last month or so with happenings at work about which I haven't been at liberty to speak (write) since I wasn't supposed to know. I'm still not going to give any details, but if you know me you know what I'm talking about. I've been transferred, and if I hadn't had the benefit of some under-the-table gossip I wouldn't have know until I received the official two-week notice on Monday. It really helped to have the extra notice because I was able to deal with my shock and anger over time. When I was finally told two days ago I was able to look forward and start planning for the changes. I hadn't prepared myself for the reaction of my co-workers, though, and spent much of Tuesday dealing with their reactions. I'm glad I no longer needed comforting about it because they did. I still think the way management has handled the situation sucks, but I'm ready to move forward and make the best of things. It's not so much that I'm upset about where I'm going, I just hate to be forced away from where I've been.

One of the ways I've distracted myself through all of this has been by becoming a browncoat. I finally broke down and bought the Firefly TV show DVD and finished it in time to catch Serenity at the theater Sunday night. Most excellent, from start to finish. I hope they find some way to keep the characters alive.

2 comments:

DaddyMan said...

Aye, I heard of the transfer as of today as well, and I'm curious as to where it's all leading. What good is it going to do if we keep shuffling who we've got if we don't bring in some new energy?

Rumors are still afoot at Mecca too, and while I still attempt to hide in my corner and avoid all the flack, my name's been mentions more than I'd care to admit.

Kelly Sime said...

Any idea what might happen to you, Chris. Good things I hope. I'm sending sweet vibes.