Monday, August 22, 2005

Writers blocked

So I've been trying to write a book for a good... I'd say three years now, but for one reason or another, I can't get it started. I had it nearly (probably) a third done at one time and I had this AWESOME outline for it at one time too. But we had to reformat and I think i might have lost it all. I might have it on a disk somewhere, but then again, I might not. Most would say "c'est la vie" and forget about it (well, the french ones would), but it irks me. I feel like if I am ever going to be an author of any calibur that this project is the way to go. I don't know. Anyway. My point is, what do you out there in the world do to keep yourselves on task with stuff like this. My wife used to help me, but I've become so apathetic about it, that even she gave up. I have tons of ideas for several different books, but it's the writing part I have a hard time doing. Anyone? Anyone? Something D-O-O economics. Voodoo economics... Sorry. Just a bit outside there.

3 comments:

Hadrian said...

Well, I'm obviously the last person to ask as I can't get anything written either. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Hell, I can't even decide what kind of RPG adventure I want to build.

Degolar said...

Since your wife is interested in helping, how about 1 sexual encounter for every 10 pages written (and none otherwise) or some such?

David Crowe said...

That won't work. She's too horny. ;)