Wednesday, August 17, 2005

New York, New York

Never kept a blog before. I'm sure I'll eventually share some links and political views, etc, but I've also always had the impression they're supposed to be a bit of a diary/journal. Not really my style either, but I figure I'll at least make an attempt.

I visited my sister and her new husband and newborn daughter last week. She graduated with a music theater degree a couple of years ago with the dream of making it on broadway and moved to Manhattan. Other than nine months in a traveling production, she's lived there ever since. She met her guy, a sound technician, during that tour. So I went to visit them and thought I could "do" New York in the process.

It was my first time there and I spent quite a bit of time in their apartment since they couldn't go out much with the baby and all. But I also went and walked around the borough a bunch, making sure to take in as many tourist sights as possible: Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, China Town, Greenwich Village, Union Square, NYU, and many others. Anyway, the whole point is that the things I found most enjoyable were the times when I actually got away from the city and got some breathing room: Central Park, Riverside Park, and the boat tour around the island. I like living in Kansas City, but I guess my small-town roots still hold. The crowding and congestion just weren't for me.

2 comments:

Marsha Loftis said...

I think blogging can be just about anything you want it to be. I write stories. Blogging isn't for everyone. I think most people start blogs and then quit within a month, maybe a couple of months. Enjoy yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hi, and may I say that you have an excellent Blog. I will certainely come back again as I found it very interesting.

I also have a forex broker site web site that may be of interest to you on the subject of forex broker.

Please check it out when you can find the time.