Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You may or may not know

I am working on a new game of my own. It is not in any existing world that I know of. It is an idea I have had for a while and I am now putting it into motion. The thing is, I'm not the best of players, so game design isn't hard, but the logistics are giving me trouble. For example, I have the maps made up for the towns and the individual houses, inns, temples, etc. And I also have the basic story (in my head, working on getting it on paper). The major issue I am running into is the rules. I suck at the rules (as many of you well know). I am making my way through the DM guide again, but am still having troubles understanding some stuff. I have been asking help of our 2 favorite DM's currently, but I know some of you have ideas and help that you may be able to lend. So, in that vein, I have created a new blog

A Whole New World

Kind of catchy, ain't it? You can almost sing it. :D
Anyway, it is for helping me get on my way, and also for telling me what you like and what you don't like in a game. Not so much rules-wise, but in general.
The game I am making is very character driven and has a lot of chances to gain experience from solving puzzles, character interactions, as well as the usual dungeon crawling.
So, that's it. I have sent you all invites so you can post there as well if you have an idea, so feel free. (sent most invites to circdesign emails, except Nates.)
Oh and I know that not everyone will be able to play, but I'm also thinking of a two party angle so we can get everyone in on some level of the game.
Thanks, and I hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Degolar said...

If you've stopped checking, I just added a new comment on the new blog and I think we've got a good discussion going.