Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Next game update

I wanted to give everyone a quick update so that you didn't think I had forgotten about our next adventure together.

In case you hadn't heard, I picked up a weekend job and am generally working seven days a week. That isn't leaving me with very much time to work on the games.

Yes that's right, games -- Plural. About the same time we finished the Ravenloft quest, my other group came to a general climax in their quest. So now, I am actually pulling together both the upcoming chapter of their quest, and the beginning of yours.

The good news is that I pretty much have story lines in mind for both games and I'm really excited about them. Especially yours. I have a ton of maps to draw and characters to build for both, but the ideation has been largely thought through.

I won't say much more about what your quest will be about or like. For now, I want you guys to enjoy/focus on the game at hand you are playing over the summer. I think we talked about starting this new story in May sometime, but since I'm ridiculously busy, and you are getting your DND fix from other places for a bit, I'm going to ask that we start a little later than we discussed. I'm thinking I'll be pretty ready closer to August. By then my other group will be started up again and you guys will be wrapping up your summer quest.

It might help me to know how many of you are going to be playing and what you would like out of the game. It's too early to start dreaming up characters for this. It appears you scoured your souls for back stories on your most recent characters. I haven't had time to sit and read any of those yet, but I intend to. They looked juicy.

In the meantime, if you guys get together for shorter games, give me a heads up.

3 comments:

Nathan McKinney said...

soooo, either no one is playing in the game I'm working on, or no one is reading this.

Leelu said...

Or no one's reaction. ;)

Aerin said...

August, hmm...that'll be upon us sooner than I bet I realize lol.
Its too early on a day off for me to think clearly, but as summer gets later if things shift around, you might just toss up more thoughts so we can see where everythign shakes out.

back to sleep...