Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Question...

When it comes to RPG's, I'm like a little kid at the buffet. Everything looks good and I want to try it all. (Nevermind that I haven't had time to play, let alone try to run a game for the last couple of years). Consequently, I end up overextended with the different games, adventures, campaign settings, etc. that I want to run. For instance, as I've discussed before, I've got Ptolus, Rise of the Runelords, and 4e-- not to mention D20 modern and Hollow Earth Expedition, and a slew of standalone 3e/3.5 modules. Long story short, it's too much to plan. There's just not enough time to do it all.

So, how upset would everyone be if I backed out on my pledge to DM the first 4e game? Not that I've definitely decided to, but honestly, I'm more excited about Rise of the Runelords and Ptolus. I have the first two 4e modules which I could pass on to someone else if they wanted to run a 4e game.

3 comments:

Aerin said...

I am honestly excited after reading through the 4e PH and DMG, and am crawling through the MM now, so I may be up for the first 4E game. I don't know though because my old roomate, who lives in Wichita and a few of his old roomates from after I graduated want to play too so I may end up with a different group for my first 4E romp. Not sure yet though...

I'd rather play it but running it could be a real blast too with the new rules.

Degolar said...

I'm more excited about Ptolus than 4e.

Hadrian said...

Everyone seems to be more excited about Ptolus than I am. Hmmm... Anyway, I think I've changed my mind, I think I still want to go ahead and DM a 4e game. Nothing fancy, no long campaign, I don't think.

I think I'm most excited about Rise of the Runelords though. Of course, at some point I want to play a game again, despite all of my plans to DM.