Wednesday, January 25, 2012

D&D Next?

Some interesting stuff here.

Of course, this announcement has started me thinking about what rules I want to play the game with in the future.  I remain unsettled on that score.  For the time being, with Ptolus (2.0) in the offing, we'll obviously stick with 3.5 (or rather, methinks Pathfinder/3.5 with the tie going to Pathfinder).  As for my planned 4e campaign... well, it looks like that could be an obsolete rules set by the time we get around to it, but we'll see.  I've also been thinking of doing my homebrew campaign with a completely different system, say Savage Worlds... but again, no decisions have been made on that score.

In any event, I did some work on a couple of adventures that I was planning to do in 4e and may still, including a one-shot holiday themed adventure that I'd like to do next December.  Stay tuned for more on that later.

For now, the Ptolus reboot is the first thing on the horizon.  As always, life is a bitch and things like chronic illnesses, family crises, and work situations make planning difficult.  But I'm committed to making this work.  Hopefully we can start Ptolus 2.0 in March.  Look at your calendars, think about your characters.  We'll make it happen.  I'm thinking a once a month schedule might be doable, with a possible big two game day weekend at some point over the summer.  Maybe.  Anyway...

1 comment:

Aerin said...

5.5E is where its gonna happen!